Let’s face it. Moving is tough at any age. For seniors, many of whom have lived in their homes for decades, the process can be even more difficult. One call to Smooth Transitions of the Valley can lighten your load.
We help you and your senior loved one go from overwhelmed to overjoyed by how smooth the transition to the new home was.
The Role of Senior Move Managers
Moving companies simply pack your belongings, transport them to your new home, and unload all the boxes and furniture. When they pack for you, there is no sorting involved. We’ve seen instances where other moving companies have packed garbage, a gravy boat full of gravy and even the senior’s purse!
They “unpack” and leave with all of your belongings in stacks on the floor and the counters. Most older adults end up feeling overwhelmed and alone as they try to unpack and settle in to their new home.
Smooth Transitions of the Valley is very different. We are your single solution for senior moves in the Valley of the Sun.
Robin, Brian and the rest of the team provide you with as much or as little assistance as you need before, during and after your relocation. We even have experience working with seniors who have hearing and/or vision impairments.
BEFORE: Senior Relocation Services Before the Move
The key to a smooth transition lies in careful planning and preparation. Our specialized senior moving services team members are the experts at this.
Before you make a move we can help you with tasks such as:
- Establishing a timeline for the move with daily activity plans
- Customizing floor plan layouts for your new residence
- Deciding which belongings to take to your new home
- Sorting through household treasures stored in the cupboards, closets and garages
- Overseeing the move
DURING: Support for Seniors on Moving Day
When the big day arrives, we’ll make certain everything goes as smoothly as possible. You can go out for lunch with your family and leave the details to us.
Our senior moving services include assistance with tasks such as:
- Making sure the items you will need first are easily accessible
- Boxing up last minute food items
- Packing your wardrobe and bathroom items
- Overseeing the movers to ensure a smooth transition
- Unpacking and setting up your new home
- Plugging in and setting up electronic devices and appliances
AFTER: Once the Big Move is Complete
Once you and all of your belongings have arrived safely at your new home, we can continue to help you by:
- Removing boxes, trash and recycling materials
- Organizing cupboards and closets
- Organizing important paperwork
- Dispersing any belongings left behind in your old house
No detail is too big or too small for our team to handle!
The Cost of Hiring a Senior Move Manager in the Phoenix Area
Since every move is unique and each client’s situation is different, our fees are determined on an individual project basis. We offer a complimentary in-home consultation to determine a timeline for your move and a price for any of the senior moving services you might require.
Call Robin or Brian at (602)794-5455 to schedule your free consultation and find out how Smooth Transitions of the Valley can make this move the easiest one of your life.